Plan your storage space. Place those items that you may need to access often in the front. Allow for walkways.
- A box for everything and everything in a box is the best protection of your goods. Use uniform sizes of boxes.
- Stack the most valuable boxes on pallets to protect against changing temperature of a concrete floor.
- Do not store anything combustible.
- Do not store food items unless they are in air tight metal cans or containers.
- Do not store perishable items.
- Leave a small air space between the goods stored and the storage unit walls.
- Store large, heavy items around the back of the unit. Move small, light items in last.
- Do not place heavy or sharp objects on top of upholstered furniture.
- Protect your mattresses, sofa, and chairs with plastic covers.
- Cover the entire load with a light plastic.
- While Empire Storage is a very secure facility, we do recommend that you use a good quality lock on your storage unit door. Cheap locks can rust, easily freeze and break.
- Keep a list of all items in storage as well as pictures and descriptions.
- Furniture with drawers can be utilized as storage places for pictures, knick-knacks, china, silverware, small items, etc.
- Larger appliances make excellent packing cases for blankets, towels, table clothes, clothes, etc.
- Tables having removable legs should be broken down.
INSURANCE: We recommend that you insure your goods while in storage as Empire Storage does not provided insurance for the contents of your unit. We recommend that you check with your insurance provider for information and cost of Renter's Insurance.